Click to view our following policies:
CLICK TO VIEW THE FOLLOWING COOKIE POLICIES:
Our Booking Policies
Payments & Refunds.
You can book your stay online using our online booking tool. You will be asked for your credit card details. We do not keep those details locally on file, they are kept securely by Stripe.
- Any bookings made via our website and paid for in advance are not refundable
- If you wish to cancel your booking you may do so in writing to our email [email protected]
- You are free to transfer your reservation to a different name, always when done in writing and by written approval from one of our staff.
- Any bookings made through other channels (e.g. booking.com / airbnb etc) will be handled according to the cancellation policy on that platform.
Accommodation Booking Policies:
We’re so happy you’ve chosen our property for your vacation.
Before you settle in and get comfortable, we would like to make you aware of the House Rules in place at our vacation rental. Understanding and complying with our house rules will make for a comfortable and fun stay for everybody!
Please read each of the rules carefully in order to avoid any danger or deductions from your security deposit upon check-out.
- Please treat our house with the same respect as you would your own home. We’ve put a lot of effort into making this into a lovely space to be enjoyed by our guests.
- Be sure to maintain a good level of cleanliness throughout your stay, this will make it much easier when check-out time comes!
- In case of any accidental damage, we’ll look into the issue internally to decide if and how much the deduction or repair cost will be.
- We hope you have lots of laughter and fun times during your vacation! However, we’d really appreciate it if you’re mindful and keep noise to a minimum during nighttime hours.
- Please ensure you read and fully understand the house rules at the beginning of your stay. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
At our vacation rental, we like to provide our guests with useful supplies in a starter pack, which they can use during their stay. . Here are a few rules to follow with regard to the items you’ll find in and around our home.
- Tap water isn’t safe to drink. The local people do drink it, but if you’re not used to the water in Spain, we recommend not to drink it (it has very high levels of chlorine). You can buy water in the local store or at the restaurant downstairs
- We’ve provided dish soap for your use. If you run out, please let the cleaner know in the downstairs restaurant. We will then refill the bottle for you.
- The fireplace in the Chiminea Apartment is for decoration only. Please do not light fires in the chiminea as the flu is not attached so the apartment will fill with smoke. You can heat the apartment by switching on the airconditioning unit using the remote control.
Please be sure to respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially after dark. Respecting the people and property around you will make your vacation more enjoyable.
- Please try to avoid making any loud noise between midnight and 8 am to allow neighbors a peaceful night’s sleep.
- If any neighboring residents report excessive noise or unruly behavior, we may have to evict you from our property and terminate the vacation rental agreement. This could result in loss of security deposit and rental amount.
- In case of any disputes or neighbor complaints, it’s your duty to notify us as soon as reasonably practicable.
- There are designated recycling and trash disposal areas. Please refrain from throwing any trash, such as bottle caps or cigarette butts, into neighboring properties.
Children & Pets
Our apartment is not child-proof but you are welcome to bring your child to the apartment. Keep in mind there are steep stairs without rails and we don’t have electric socket covers.
Pets are not allowed in the apartment.
We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur while they stay at the property.
- The apartment is not made to be child-proof
- Electric sockets are exposed and the apartment has a steep staircase to the loft.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed in the apartment
- Guests are fully responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times, as well as any disturbance caused to other residents in the neighborhood.
Other Visitors & Guests
We want you to enjoy your vacation and time at our home to the maximum, but we do have to set some restrictions on visitor numbers for safety reasons.
As part of our vacation rental agreement, we need the names and details of each member of your traveling party. In addition, please respect the maximum number of visitors and the rules regarding visitors as set out below.
- Guests are allowed a maximum of 2 visitors during the day / early evening only.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring that any visitors comply with these House Rules.
- Any additional overnight visitors must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee, as noted in our rates.
- Failing to notify us about extra visitors staying overnights will result in a minimum fee of 200€ per night as penalty.
- Parties and large gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited at our home. Any small gathering must comply with our other house rules regarding noise, the neighbourhood and visitor numbers.
- Guests are to allow the homeowner or service access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. The homeowner will exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner and advise beforehand where possible.
Kitchen & Utensils
We provide the basic kitchen utensils, such as cooking oil, simple seasoning and some condiments.
The kitchen has a camping stove and a kettle to make coffee / tea. The Aga is for decoration purposes only.
The apartment does not have a sink or dishwasher / washing machine.
- Please be sure to ventilate the kitchen after cooking anything that could leave a strong smell behind. (Open a window or door while cooking)
- Be careful not to wash food that remains down the bathroom drain. Please throw any kitchen scraps into the bin.
- Please wash your kitchen utensils in the bathroom sink when you have finished to avoid bugs coming into the apartment.
- To simplify the inventory process, please return any kitchen items to where you originally found them.
- Kitchen cleaning products are under the sink. If any products run out during your stay, please let us know so we can replace them for the next guests.
- The general waste can be deposited in the bins at the end of the road from the apartment.
You’ll find all the electrical appliances you need for a comfortable stay at our home. Please use them responsibly and ask other members of your party to do the same. This means adhering to the few rules we outline below.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, fans or any other small electrical appliances when you go out. The same applies to air-con and heating – we’re an eco-friendly home!
- In the unlikely case of a power outage, please call us immediately.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, wifi, satellite or telephone service.
- Please keep the airconditioning Temperature above 20ºC (The electric fuses may flip if you go below 20 degrees, and we may have to send someone round to flip them back on which could take time)
- The airconditioning does not work if any window or door is open. Please close all windows and doors before switching on the airconditioning
- The airconditioning is on an automatic timer that switches the machine off after 1 hour. You can switch it back on using the remote control.
Safety & Security
While we have taken the necessary measures to make our vacation rental safe for incoming guests, you also have a role to play in ensuring the safety and security of your party. There are actions you can follow to keep the house secure during your stay.
- Any time guests leave the vacation rental, they must ensure all windows and doors are closed and locked to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage.
- We are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables. If you misplace something in the house, please let us know so we can look for the item during the changeover and vacation rental cleaning.
- Parents must not leave children unattended at any time. Any guest injuries sustained inside the house are not covered by our vacation rental insurance.
- The entrance of the restaurant and all other restaurant areas have a security camera installed that is switched on when the restaurant is closed. Please do not attempt to enter the restaurant or any of its areas when it is closed.
- In case of any bad weather (rain, storms, etc.), please ensure you close the windows and french doors
- Smoking & Vaping is not allowed anywhere inside the property.
- Discovering guests have been smoking inside the property will also result in an additional fee charged to your card of minimum 200€ maximum 1000€ depending on the level of cleaning that is needed in the property.
Garbage & Recycling
We provide various bins throughout the property, please use them to dispose of any rubbish.
- Please dispose of garbage and recycling in the proper containers.
- Please do not flush any sanitary products down the toilet. We provide a bin for this in the bathroom.
- Please discard of your general rubbish in the large bins found at the end of the street.
The property does not have parking and no cars are allowed to drive into the street as the property is in the old town of Marbella.
You will be sent ideas of where to park your car 1 week prior to your arrive, this include a free parking zone.
While we know our guests won’t intentionally break anything at our vacation rental, we understand accidents can happen sometimes. Here is what you need to know about accidental damages or breakages during your stay.
- Always report any accidental damages or breakages in a timely manner, especially before check-out.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another without our permission first.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach.
- If any damage to the property or its appliances is not covered by our insurance, the guest will pay for the repair costs from the security deposit.
- A list of items is provided upon check-in. We will check this list after you check out and charge you accordingly for missing items.
We’ve set out these house rules so that every guest visiting our property has a safe, secure and, most importantly, fun stay at our place. Compliance with these rules is essential for every member of the traveling party. We hope you have a great time and find everything you need at our home.
- Breach of any of these house rules is a breach of the terms and conditions of occupancy, as per the rental agreement you have signed.
- We reserve the right to evict any guests or visitors from the property who refuse to follow these house rules.
- In any case, please use common sense while staying in our house. If you’re unsure about any house rules and require further clarification, please call us.
Have fun! This is your vacation time, and we hope you make the most of our home, its amenities and your opportunity to relax and visit the surrounding area.